spring always confuses me because the weather is constantly changing. i flip-flop between being warm during the day and cold at night. i also never know if i want a cold, refreshing drink, or something warmer and more soothing. so, with this in mind, i decided to try my hand at creating a signature spring beverage that is both fresh and comforting. the result? my coconut mint tea latte, which can be sipped hot or cold.
coconut mint tea latte
- 1 can unsweetened organic coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut sugar (or until desired sweetness level)
- 10 fresh peppermint or chocolate mint leaves
- pinch of pink himalayan salt
- vegan dark chocolate (optional)
- mix the unsweetened organic coconut milk and organic coconut sugar in a saucepan over medium-high and mix until both are integrated, stirring often, approx. 4 minutes
- chop the mint and place it in a tea filter or steeping ball; immerse in the mixture of coconut milk and sugar for 2-3 min
- stir in a pinch of pink Himalayan salt to taste. Then use a milk frother or an immersion blender to create a creamy foam texture. serve hot in your favourite mug, or, for a cold latte, let cool for 20 minutes, then poor over ice. enjoy!
for presentation (and extra deliciousness!), melt dark chocolate in a saucepan over medium heat. drizzle on top of your latte.
#vegan #plant-based #gluten-free #dairy-free